Now that the Character Resume Challenge is done (Yeah!), where to go from here?
I recently completed the book, “The Power of Fun: How to Feel Alive Again” by Catherine Price. In the book, she shares a few sentence completions to help answer the question, “What Makes You Come Alive?” They were useful for me because I had a chance to reflect on the my life and how I want to find answers to: “What should I do with my life?” and “What now? What’s next?” Don’t feel the need to answer all of prompts; start with a few that resonate with you most:
- I’m interested in learning to _______________.
- I’m interested in learning about _______________.
- I’m curious about _______________.
- I’d like to try _______________.
- I’d like to get better at _______________.
- It might sound goofy, but I’d love to _______________.
- When I was younger (a child) I enjoyed _______________.
- Things I used to do with my free time but don’t anymore _______________.
- Things I always say I want to do or learn, but tell myself I don’t have time for _______________.
- I feel alive when I _______________.
- If I wasn’t afraid, I would _______________.
- If time and money weren’t an issue, I would _______________.
- If I could do something fun right now, I would _______________.
If you find the questions challenging, GOOD! They are supposed to get you to think about the things that you’re interested in or curious about, the things that get you excited, the things that could make you come alive. Have fun as you explore what’s next for you – and if you need help on this journey, send me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
P.S. I completed the activity and found that I’ve incorporated my two loves – (1) reviewing sports data, and (2) exploring ways to enhance personal growth and development through purpose – in both my personal and professional life.