Friday, February 25, 2022
Relaxing Music for the month: Awakening: Liquid Mind (12:11) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4558Ml1RuQ
Note: Please enjoy the relaxing music while completing the assessment!
It’s the FINAL DAY of the Know Yourself Catalyst Challenge!
Thank you to all of those who decided to participate in the Challenge; I hope that you found the activities informative and enlightening like I did when I constructed my Character Resume.
If you have a minute or two, please share any thoughts you might have about the Challenge and/or the Character Resume; constructive feedback is always useful! Feel free to post your response on the blog or send me a private note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
So, why a Character Resume?
Do you want to know what makes you tick? Are you stuck in a job you hate? Do you work with people you don’t get along with? Are you looking for candidates that fit your company culture?
For years, people have been searching for the answer to “Who am I?” And companies have been searching for the right tool that provides insights into a potential candidates “fit” into their culture, as well as to hear compelling answers to the interview question, “Tell me about yourself…”
The answer? The Character Resume. Instead of relying on one or two assessments, what if you had a document that outlined the character of an individual through 13 (or more) different assessments, assessments that measures personality type, strengths, values, and motivations? What if that same document outlined an individual’s personal philosophies on life?
For employers, the Character Resume not only provides a snapshot of what drives potential candidates, but a glimpse into their integrity, creativity, work ethic, communication style, and leadership abilities, just to name a few. Where would you find this information on a work resume? For the individual, the Character Resume provides the tool that can help you decide if an employer is the right fit for you and/or whether it’s a culture that would allow you to thrive. The Character Resume will help you understand how to be more engaged and motivated in your work.
The Character Resume could be a game-changer in the workplace!
P.S. If you missed it, here’s the link to the instructions to create a Character Resume:
- Character Resume Instructions – https://thedreamdean.com/2022/02/24/catalyst-challenge-day-14-character-resume/
If you’d like to share the various assessments with friends and colleagues, here are the links to each of the assessments linked to the Challenge, all in one location:
- Know Yourself Challenge: Introduction – https://thedreamdean.com/2022/02/06/catalyst-challenge-know-yourself-intro/
- Day 1: Myers-Briggs – https://thedreamdean.com/2022/02/07/catalyst-challenge-day-1-personality-type/
- Day 2: Enneagram – https://thedreamdean.com/2022/02/08/catalyst-challenge-day-2-enneagram/
- Day 3: The Big Five – https://thedreamdean.com/2022/02/09/catalyst-challenge-day-3-the-big-five/
- Day 4: Character Strengths (VIA Character Strengths) – https://thedreamdean.com/2022/02/10/catalyst-challenge-day-4-character-strengths/
- Day 5: Engagement Strengths (Gallup Strengthsfinder) – https://thedreamdean.com/2022/02/11/catalyst-challenge-day-5-engagement-strengths/
- Day 6: Principles You – https://thedreamdean.com/2022/02/14/catalyst-challenge-day-6-principles-you/
- Day 7: Personal Core Values – https://thedreamdean.com/2022/02/15/catalyst-challenge-day-7-personal-core-values/
- Day 8: Desired Work Values – https://thedreamdean.com/2022/02/16/catalyst-challenge-day-8-desired-work-values/
- Day 9: Lifestyle Values – https://thedreamdean.com/2022/02/17/catalyst-challenge-day-9-lifestyle-values/
Day 10: Personal Motivators – https://thedreamdean.com/2022/02/18/catalyst-challenge-day-10-personal-motivators/
- Day 11: Workplace Identity and Workplace Motivators – https://thedreamdean.com/2022/02/21/catalyst-challenge-day-11-workplace-identity-and-motivators/
- Day 12: Personal Superpowers – https://thedreamdean.com/2022/02/22/catalyst-challenge-day-12-personal-superpowers/
- Day 13: Seven-Word Life Motto – https://thedreamdean.com/2022/02/23/catalyst-challenge-day-13-seven-word-life-motto/
- Day 14: Character Resume Instructions – https://thedreamdean.com/2022/02/24/catalyst-challenge-day-14-character-resume/
I’ll continue to add resources to each of the web sites; I’ll also list a few more assessments below that can be added to your Character Resume!
Other Assessment Resources
- DISC Personality Assessment
- DISC Assessment for the Workplace – https://www.truity.com/test/disc-personality-test (Alternative Assessments can be found here: (1) DISC Personality Test – https://www.123test.com/disc-personality-test/; (2) DISC Personality Test – https://www.crystalknows.com/disc-personality-test)
- Description of Results
- What are the 12 DISC Personality Types? (With Best Careers for Each) – https://www.indeed.com/career-advice/career-development/disc-personality-types
- DISC Styles – https://www.discprofile.com/what-is-disc/disc-styles
- Holland Code Career Assessment
- Career aptitude test (Holland Code) – https://www.123test.com/career-test/
- Description of Results
- Holland Codes career tests – https://www.123test.com/holland-codes-career-tests/
- Holland Code Job Aptitude Test
- Holland Code Job Aptitude Test – https://www.truity.com/test/holland-code-career-test
- Description of Results
- In-depth report after you complete the assessment.
Have fun learning more about yourself!
If you LOVED the Challenge and these Activities…
And would like to learn more on designing a life that matters, attend our next (and last, at least in its current format) Life Design Catalyst Training at the University of North Carolina-Greensboro on May 16-18, 2022. If you and/or the people you serve (students, adults, retirees, etc.) are at a crossroads in life, this Training will help! You will be engaged in activities similar to this challenge that will move you and others towards a better life and a better you!
For more information, click on this link: https://thedreamdean.com/ldctraining/
Hope to see a few of you in May!